Sunday, August 9, 2009

Art Opening


Alex and I attended the opening of the "2009 Orange Open" last night. This was a juried show at the Guggenheim Gallery at Chapman University in Orange. My small portrait of Alex was on display, I took a picture of him standing in front of it (above). Unfortunately, they hung it pretty high up on the wall, and since it's a very small picture (6"x6") that made it harder to see. Later in the evening, someone recognized him, which was pretty funny. We didn't stay very long - there were a lot of people there and we didn't know anyone else - but we stayed long enough to see the whole show, which had some really good work. My favorite painting was called "Chet's" by Mark Freeman - pictured below. There are also a couple of photos that I liked by Michael McLane .


No comments:

Post a Comment